BVN: This is known as Bank Verification Number, It’s unique to all customers operating a bank account irrespective of how many accounts you operate just one BVN number will be used for all.
It is a CBN scheme put in place to ensure that every account holder in the Nigerian banking system has a unique identification number that can be verified across all banks in Nigeria to capture customers’ data and check fraud in the banking system.
The enrollment process for acquiring your BVN is simple.
- Visit any branch of the bank you have an account with. Registration by proxy not acceptable.
- Collect and fill the BVN enrollment form with all personal data about you.
- Submit the completed form to a designated official at your bank, who would then transfer the information given into a computer database.
- The official will take your photograph and fingerprints.
- You will sign your signature that will be captured electronically into the data system.
- A small temporary registration acknowledgment slip will be issued to you, followed by an email or SMS conveying a similar information.
- A BVN identification card with a computer chip bearing your embedded personal information will be issued to you for collection at your designated bank branch.
- BVN registration exercise is mandatory for all individual customers.
- BVN registration is for individual account holders in the meantime till further notice.
To know your BVN number just DIAL *565*0# on the same phone number registered on your bank account details. charges are also applied for services rendered.